Job Title: Controller
Location: Ontario, Canada
Who We Are
Do you thrive in B2B2C SaaS software, start-ups, and fast-paced and growth environments. Do you have a passion for Retail and CPG and love disrupting the status quo? Caddle is for you!
Caddle is the definitive voice of the consumer. We’re a consumer data and insights marketplace that connects brands with consumers (we call them “members”). Members join Caddle to earn rewards for engaging with brands and sharing their data and opinions on product and experiences.
Who You Are
The Controller must be an experienced problem solver that is responsible for the full scope of our accounting functions.
Our team is small, agile, and cross-trained and this role will also backfill accounting functions and reporting work within the finance team as required. This is a hands- on, roll-up the sleeves position that requires strong accounting and bookkeeping background.
You will be compensated for results with an opportunity for leadership growth, a base salary, performance-based compensation, and the opportunity to earn equity via an employee share option program.
- Preparation of budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Prepare and submit quarterly financial statements.
- Potentially coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting if the need arose.
- Support month-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist in all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, Journal Entries, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Degree in Accounting
- Excellent QuickBooks Enterprise software and administration skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Must. Love. Dogs.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to influence others.
- Advanced written/oral communication/presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of risk management and compliance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Achievement/performance/results orientation.
- Organizational and administration skills.
- Managing ambiguity.
- Personal integrity and ethics.
- Analytical, organizational, and priority management skills.
- GROWTH – we are growth-focused for our company, our people, and the industries we serve.
- EXCELLENCE – we strive to deliver the best solutions for our clients, experience for our members, and environment for our team.
- AGILITY – we approach challenges and opportunities with urgency, passion, and curiosity.
- EFFICIENCY – we pursue efficiencies, small and large, in everything we do at Caddle.
- COLLABORATION – we work respectfully, honestly, and authentically with our team, members, and our clients.
Benefits of Working at Caddle
At Caddle, everyone gets the opportunity to make an impact. We offer a collaborative and supportive environment that is perfect for anyone looking for a sense of accomplishment.
- Work with world’s leading brands: Caddle is a trusted partner for FORTUNE 500 companies like PepsiCo, Unilever, Walmart and P&G.
- Company socials: from our monthly town hall to our weekly team connects, we strive to offer fun and engaging ways to get to know your coworkers and build a strong culture.
- Flexible work environment: we focus on productivity and ensuring our team has the flexibility to manage their priorities at home and work. Caddle is a fully remote environment – we welcome team members from across the world!
- Results oriented: Caddle is data-driven organization, our commitment to measurement provides a strong platform for growth in fast growing tech company
- Caddle Wins, Everyone Wins: Annual bonus programs and share options help to reward all members of the Caddle team as we continue to grow.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter with the subject line ‘Controller (Contract)’.